2018 Black Lung Conference
Registration for the 2018 Conference is electronic this year. Please follow the link below for registration.
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, August 15, 2018
We look forward to seeing you in Chicago from September 26 through September 28, 2018.
Registration fee: $275
This includes Lunch Wednesday, Miners’ Lunch Thursday, and refreshment breaks each day.
Active and retired coal miners and their spouses/widows/companions are exempt from registration fees.
About the National Conference
Target Audience: Occupational medicine, primary care and pulmonary physicians, clinic staff nurses, respiratory therapists, medical lab technicians, administrators, attorneys, lay representatives, outreach workers, benefits counselors, sup-port staff and all others who work for victims of occupational pneumoconiosis.
Purpose: The purpose of this conference is to provide a re-view on the prevalence, severity, and spectrum of coal mine dust lung disease (CMDLD), current treatment modalities, and update on compensation programs for patients.
Following the conference, participants should be able to:
- Describe the prevalence and severity of respiratory disease,diagnosed radiologically and physiologically in US coal miners.
- Review the regulatory changes implemented by the Mine Safety and Health Administration over the years and discuss how these have impacted the health and safety of US miners.
- Recognize how surveillance, disability, and mortality data can be used to characterize respiratory disease in mining populations.
- Cite treatment options for miners suffering from fibrotic lung disease.
- Identify therapeutic interventions for patients suffering from the most advanced stages of lung disease.
Continuing Medical Education Credits
Accreditation Statement: The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine is accredited by the Accredita-tion Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement: The Feinberg School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 14.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Credits: Also, a maximum of 14.75 CEU’s will be available through the Continuing Education Institute of Illinois for Nurses (NP/RN/ LPN), Physical and Respiratory Therapists, X-Ray Technicians and Social Workers.
Attorneys will be given information on applying for CLE credit at the conference.