2017 Pipestem, West Virginia Conference
Welcome to the 2017 West Virginia Black Lung Conference. This year’s conference is titled Living With Black Lung Disease While Battling Laws and Regulations.
The goal of the 2017 conference will be to provide the most recent medical and legal developments in occupational pneumoconiosis.
- Discuss coal mine dust controls and their impact on miners’ health
- Describe lung infections and treatments for infections in workers with mineral dust exposure
- Establish a registry to quantify the outbreak of pulmonary massive fibrosis
- Understand the health hazards facing miners after min explosions
- Conduct a quality assurance system for respiratory programs
- Be aware of how and when advanced lung disease patients should be referred for transplant evaluation
- Define pulmonary rehabilitation
- Discuss state and federal benefits programs for miners
Who Should Attend
Primary care providers, health care personnel, mine workers, attorneys and any others involved or interested in occupational medicine.
Continuing Medical Education Credits
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) College of Medicine and the West Virginia Black Lung Clinics Program. The University of Chicago (UIC) College of Medicine is accredited by ACCME to provide continuing education for physicians.
The University of Illinois (UIC) College of Medicine has applied to designate this Live activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extend of their participation in the activity.
Also, a maximum of 8.5 CEUs will be available through the Continuing Education Institute of Illinois for Nurses (NP/RN/LPN), Physical Therapists Respiratory Therapists and Social Workers.
X-Ray technician CE credits will also be available.
To register for the conference, please download the form here. Complete and return to the address listed on the registration page. We’ll see you there!